The Alberta Heartland Primary Care Network is a credible source of health information for you and your family.
There are also many online and downloadable resources available to provide Albertans with reliable health information. However, not all Internet content is reviewed for reliability and accuracy. When looking at health information on the web, it is important to consider information from credible sources. Ask the following questions:
• Who hosts or sponsors the site? Is it a commercial, educational, government or non-profit site?
• When was the website last updated? Is the information reviewed regularly?
• Is enough information provided so that you can evaluate it for reliability?
• Is the source of the site’s information acknowledged if it is not original content that is being used?
• Can you easily get in touch with the organization that operates the site if you have questions or concerns?
We have provided some useful health links to get you started: